Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Week 11 Assignment, AVL for 1st graders

Since I am currently a 1st grade teacher, it made sense to me to select first grade students as my audience. How could I introduce them to an electronic resource, such as the AVL, so that they can extend their learning outside of the school day? As long as they have internet access, they can connect to the AVL (Alabama Virtual Library) and hunt for information of interest to them all day and all night long. That's pretty exciting! The students don't have to be in a school building or an actual physical library to retrieve information to use to create projects or just research for fun.

Since 1st graders will likely be visiting the AVL for the first time, I tailored my presentation to meet that need. I used lots of step-by-step screen shots to show them exactly where to click and how to search. Here is my presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment