Tuesday, April 29, 2014

C4T Assigned

April 11, 2014

This week Dr. Fryer was writing about the wrongs of high stakes testing. It is a toxic, threatening environment that does not encourage good teaching or engaging learning. We don't need to stop assessing, but paying huge amounts of money to pay for these detrimental high stakes testing tests is wrong. He makes a great point. He also has a 6 minute video reemphasizing his written blog points as well, if you're interested in watching it.

Here is a link to his post and video and my response.

I test under duress sign

April 17, 2014

Dr. Fryer posted about 1st grade students blogging and being inspired through interactive writing. How perfect for me, a first grade teacher! One of my number one goals for next school year is to kick it off early with blogging. They can do it! Plus, it'll only strengthen the home-school connection, which is crucial for a god school year. I saw that he was doing a workshop this summer in Alabama. I asked him when and where that would be. I'd love to attend! I bet my principal would like to go also.

Here is his post and my response.

April 29, 2014

My last post to Dr. Frye's page went with an article on Minecraft. He spoke about spending 6 or more hours gaming with his 10 year old daughter on Minecraft. My 10 year old son is also a big fan of this game. What a great way to connect, spend time together doing something that you know your child is way interested in, and becoming more tech. savvy at the same time! I liked the post and intend to share it with my son later.

Here is his post and my response to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment